Office Building Regulations
- Tenant shall comply with all rules and regulations issued by all governmental agencies whose jurisdiction affects the Premises or the Building of which the Premises are a part.
- Tenant shall not overload the floor capacity of the Premises.
- Tenant shall not sell any pornographic books, magazines or other material.
- Tenant shall not sell or serve any alcoholic beverages for consumption on or off the Premises.
- Tenant shall not sell any additional merchandise or conduct any business or perform any additional service on the Premises which would violate or be in conflict with any restrictive use covenant or exclusive use privilege at any time binding upon landlord under any lease in the Building, but this shall not be deemed to preclude the use allowed under the “Permitted Use” section of the Lease.
- No vending, video, amusement machine or machines of any other description shall be installed, maintained or operated upon the Premises or the Building without the prior written consent of the Landlord.
- No animals or birds of any kind shall be kept in or permitted on or about the Premises or any other part of the Building.
- No sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice shall be inscribed, displayed, printed or affixed on or to any part of the outside or inside of the Building without the Tenant first obtaining the written consent of Landlord. Landlord shall have the right to remove any such sign, placard, picture, advertisement, name or notice without notice to and at the expense of Tenant. All approved signs or lettering on doors shall be printed, painted, or affixed or inscribed at the expense of Tenant by a person or company approved by the Landlord. Landlord shall not place anything or allow anything to be placed near or on the glass of any window, door, partition or wall which may appear unsightly from outside the Premises.
- No awnings or other projections shall be attached to the outside walls of the Building. No curtains, blinds, shades or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with, any window or door of the Premises, without the prior written consent of Landlord. Such curtains, blinds and shades must be of a quality, type, design, and color, and attached in a manner approved by Landlord. Landlord shall provide Venetian blinds for the door and the windows at Landlord’s expense.
- The sidewalks, halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators and stairways shall not by obstructed by Tenants or used by them for any purpose other than for ingress to and egress from their respective Premises. All halls, passages, exits, entrances, elevators, stairways, balconies and roof are not for the use of the general public and the Landlord shall in all cases retain the right to control and prevent access thereto by all persons whose presence, in the sole judgment of the Landlord, shall be prejudicial to the safety, character, reputation and interests of the Building and its Tenants, provided, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent such access to persons with whom the Tenant normally deals in the ordinary course of business, unless such persons are engaged in illegal activities. Unless making repairs required to be made under the terms of the Lease to heating, ventilation or air-conditioning located thereon, neither Tenant nor any employees or invitees of the Tenant shall have access to or go upon the roof of the Building without the prior approval of the Landlord.
- After regular business hours on weekdays, Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays, Tenant, its agents, servants, employees and invitees, shall abide by such security rules and regulations as Landlord may promulgate.
- Abnormal amounts of trash or garbage generated by either Tenant’s initial movement into, or occupancy of the Premises, or the purchase of equipment or fixtures placed on the Premises shall be removed by Tenant at its sole cost or expense and shall not be placed in the dumpster provided by Landlord.
- Tenant shall not make or permit to be made any loud or offensive noises which can be heard beyond the confines of the Premises, keep any foul or noxious gas or substance or other disturbances of any kind in the Premises or within the Building. Tenant shall be responsible for insuring that any office equipment and machinery is installed in such a manner as to absorb and prevent the transmission of vibration and noise beyond the confines of the Premises so as not to disturb other Tenants in the Building.
- No additional lock or locks shall be placed by Tenant on any door in the Building, without the prior written consent of Landlord. Two keys will be furnished Tenant by Landlord; two additional keys will be supplied to Tenant by Landlord, upon request, without charge; any additional keys requested by Tenant shall be paid for by Tenant. Tenant, its agents and employees, shall not have any duplicate key made and shall not change any locks. All keys to doors and washrooms shall be returned to Landlord at the termination of the tenancy, and, in the event of loss of any keys furnished, Tenant shall pay Landlord the cost thereof.
- Waterclosets and urinals shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they were constructed; and no sweepings, rubbish, ashes, newspaper or any other substances of any kind shall be thrown into them. If applicable, grease traps and other plumbing traps shall be kept clear and operable by Tenant at Tenant’s own cost and expense. Waste and excessive or unusual use of electricity or water is prohibited.
- Tenant shall not use any other method of heating or air conditioning than that provided by the Landlord, without first obtaining the written consent of the Landlord.
- No cooking (except with minor appliances, ie.- coffee pot, small microwave) shall be done or permitted by any Tenant on the Premises, nor shall the Premises be used for the storage of merchandise, washing clothes, lodging or for any improper, objectionable or immoral purposes.
- Tenant shall not be permitted to use or keep explosives, kerosene, cleaning fluid or any other illuminating, combustible or explosive material or substance of any kind in the Building or the Premises.
- Tenant shall not be permitted to keep food upon the Premises except in proper containers, cabinets and refrigerators and in strict accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and ordinances of all local health and sanitation authorities.
- Tenant shall comply with all Tenant requirements issued and mandated by insurance companies insuring the Building. Tenant covenants that it will not do nor permit to be done, nor keep nor permit to be kept upon the Premises, anything which will contravene the policy or policies of insurance against loss by fire or other causes, or which will increase the rate of fire or other insurance on the Building or on the Premises beyond the rate payable by the Landlord prior to the Tenant’s occupancy. Should any act of the Tenant so increase such rate, then, in addition to the rentals hereinabove provided for, the Tenant shall pay when billed such additional premium, which shall be payable as additional rent, collectible in the same manner as the rentals hereinabove provided for. The Tenant covenants that under no circumstances will it keep or permit to be kept, do or permit to be done in or about said premises, anything of a character so hazardous as to render it difficult, impracticable or impossible to secure such insurance in companies acceptable to the Landlord, and further, immediately upon notice, to remove from the Premises anything and desist from any practice deemed by the insurance companies or the Association of Fire Underwriters as so affecting the insurance risk. The Tenant covenants that no waste or damage shall be committed upon the Premises. Tenant shall bear all risks of any violation of any provision of this section of the Lease and shall defend, indemnify and save Landlord harmless from all damages and expenses (including legal fees) resulting from any such violation.
- Landlord reserves the right to institute energy management procedures (such as programmable thermostats) when applicable.
- No Tenant shall lay linoleum, tile, carper or other similar floor covering so that the same shall be affixed to the floor of the Premises or the Building in any manner except as approved by the Landlord. The expense of repairing any damage resulting from violation of this rule, or of removing any floor covering shall be borne and paid for by the Tenant who violated or permitted the violation of this Rule, either by its own actions or the actions of its contractors or employers.
- Landlord shall inspect the Premises prior to the vacating of the Premises by the Tenant and the Tenant shall be responsible for any damage done to the Premises by Tenant in the course of its occupancy or vacation of the Premises.
- No contract of any kind for the removal of waste paper, rubbish or garbage, or other cleaning service shall be entered into by Tenant for the Premises or any other portion of the Premises without the prior written approval of the Landlord.
- Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the Building are prohibited, and Tenant shall cooperate with Landlord to prevent these practices.
- There shall not be used in the Premises or in the Building, either by Tenant or by others in the delivery or receipt of merchandise, any hand trucks except those equipped with rubber tires and side guards.
- Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by Tenant (including, but not limited to, advertising concerning liquidation, going out of business sales and the like) which in Landlord’s opinion tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability as a building for offices, and upon written notice from Landlord, Tenant shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising.
- Landlord hereby reserves to itself any and all rights not granted to Tenant hereunder, including, but not limited to, the following rights which are reserved to Landlord for its purposes in operating the Building:
(a) the exclusive right to the use of the name of the Building for all purposes, except that Tenant may use the name as its business address and for no other purpose;
(b) the right to change the name or address of the Building, without incurring any liability to Tenant for so doing;
(c) the right to install and maintain a sign or signs on the exterior of the Building or within the Building Area;
(d) the exclusive right to use or dispose of the use of the roof of the Building;
(e) the right to limit the space on the directory of the Building to be allotted to Tenant except that Tenant’s name shall appear on all directories; and
(f) the right to grant to anyone the right to conduct any particular business or undertaking in the Building.
- The Buiding is a smoke-free building. Tenant shall not allow their employees, agents, customers, licensees, invitees and parties with whom they do business to use the Premises, the common areas or any area within fifty (50) feet for smoking.
- The Landlord reserves the right at any time to rescind any one or more of these Rules and Regulations, or to make such other and further reasonable Rules and Regulations as in the Landlord’s judgment may, from time to time, be necessary for the safety, care and cleanliness of the Building or any part thereof, and for the preservation of other herein.